Canon has corrected a bug in firmware v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R3 and have released v1.4.1. If you haven't upgraded to 1.4.0, this new firmware will add the following features and fixes.
Firmware Version 1.4.1 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Adds support for Speedlite EL-5.*
*The automatic light intensity adjustment of the AF-assist beam is not supported.
- Adds [Register people priority] to the camera menu.
Pre-registered people can now be detected and tracked with priority.**
** This feature may not operate if faces are too small to detect, in profile or turned at an angle or partially hidden; for scenes where the subject is moving; or due to certain shooting environments.
- Adds [Save/load comm. settings on card] to the camera menu.
Network settings can now be transferred between cameras of the same model.
- Adds [Panning Assist] to the camera menu. When a compatible lens is used for panning shots, image stabilization and subject blur correction are applied during the exposure.
- Improves the Auto White Balance (AWB) setting to reduce the time it takes for the AWB result to be reflected in the camera’s viewfinder's display when looking through the viewfinder.
- Adds Protect Images During [FTP Transfer] to the camera menu. Images transferred via FTP can now be automatically protected. The user can determine if images have already been transferred via FTP.
- Fixes an issue in which Error 70 may occur when using the camera with certain EF lenses after having updated the camera firmware to Version 1.4.0.
- Fixes an issue in which the original tracking performance of Servo AF cannot be attained depending on shooting conditions when performing high-speed continuous shooting using the electronic shutter after having updated the camera firmware to Version 1.4.0.
- Fixes minor issues.
Download firmware v1.4.1 for the Canon EOS R3
The post was originally